No one goes into a marriage expecting to get divorced. But the fact is, many marriages do not last forever. If the time has come to dissolve your marriage, you should know your rights and how to protect them.
At the Alaska Law Office of Gayle J. Brown, we will help you resolve every aspect of your divorce. With more than 15 years of experience, our attorney will work closely with you to reach property division, child custody and support plans that are in your best interests.
Protect Your Rights Today and for the Future
Call 866-930-0338 ∙ Contact Us Online
Divorce involves making many decisions that will have a serious impact on your future. If you have children, the stakes are even higher. If your family law issue is not handled properly the first time around, there is a good chance you will be back in court within the next few years to fix the problems.
Resolving Every Aspect of Your Divorce
Divorce is not only about the immediate division of marital property division and child custody arrangements. It is about creating a plan that works for your family's future and protecting your rights down the road. We will help you create a future-focused plan that covers every aspect of your divorce, including:
- Property division - Do you own a home? Do either of you have 401ks or other investments? All of your marital property will be equitably divided. We will help you consider all of your marital assets and keep your personal property separate from the divorce.
- Child custody and visitation - The best approach to child custody cases is proving to the judge that what you want is in your child's best interests. We will help you reach an arrangement that meets your needs.
- Child support - The court considers many factors when establishing child support. We will help you ensure that the child support orders are fair to you and your kids.
- Spousal support - Alimony is awarded based on your individual situation. We will craft an agreement that both parties can live with.
- Post-decree modifications- A modification may be necessary for existing child support, child custody or spousal support orders if you remarry, relocate or lose your job.
We will help you develop a plan that meets your needs now. Whether through negotiations with your spouse or through courtroom litigation, we will work towards an outcome that is in your best interests today, and for the long-term. Call 866-930-0338 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our Anchorage lawyer.